NAPHC Tournament Rules:
• All players are required to wear a helmet and shin pads, full hockey equipment is recommended.
• Players may only play on one team. Players cannot play for multiple teams in multiple divisions.
• All teams must have home (white or light) and away (dark) jerseys.
• Minimum number of players on a team is 4. Teams must have 4 players at the start of each game.
• Teams need to be ready to play at their designated start time; if a team does not have four (4) players ready to play, they will be penalized 1 goal for every 2 minutes the game starts late.
• All goals must be scored from the attacking side of center ice.
• There will be no offside or icing.
• One referee will be used for each game and penalties will be enforced. Any minor penalty called such as tripping or slashing will result in a goal for the non-offending team plus change of puck possession.
• Any major infractions called will result in ejection from the tournament with no replacement.
• Fighting is strictly prohibited. Any player that fights will be ejected from the tournament with no replacement.
• There will be no checking or body contact. A minor penalty or ejection for major infraction will result if the referee deems it serious enough.
• There will be no slap shots. If the stick comes above the knee in a slap shot motion it will be deemed a slap shot and result in a goal for the non-offending team plus change of puck possession.
• There will be no raising the puck above the knees; pucks that are intentionally raised above the knees will result in a change of puck possession.
• Making contact with the puck using your stick above the waist will result in a change of puck possession.
• There will be no goalies or use of goaltending equipment.
• A player may not lay his/her stick, drop to their knees or lay on the ice to protect the goal. Players must remain on their skates in front of goal. No more than one player can occupy the space in front of the net. A goal for the non-offending team and change of puck possession will result for violations of this rule.
• If the puck goes out of the playing area, possession will be given to the non-offending team at the point where the puck went out. The defending team must provide two stick lengths to their opponent upon re-entry and play must start immediately. Players are expected to make the call on who last touched the puck before leaving the rink. In the event of a disagreement, the referee will make the final determination.
• There will be a center ice face-off to start the game and the second half. Otherwise, teams will be required to wait on their side of the center line for goals scored and penalties. Defensive teams can engage the offensive teams once the play starts moving up ice. The offensive team must move the puck up ice quickly on the referees command (whistle). Whenever play has stopped for any reason, players must resume play on the referee’s signal (whistle).
• All games are running-time and substitutions can be made during play (“on-the-fly”) or while a puck is being retrieved. There is no stoppage of play after a goal is scored, or after a penalty is awarded. It is up to each team to ensure that there are only four players on the ice.
• All decisions of the referees are final. If any player argues with the referee, at the referee’s discretion a goal and puck possession will be awarded to the non-offending team.
• Prior to every game, teams will be asked to scrape the rink if necessary.
NAPHC Tournament Format:
• This tournament is a 4 on 4 round robin event. Games to be played on Excelsior Bay on Lake Minnetonka.
• All games will be composed of two 15-minute halves with a 2-minute halftime.
Games that end in a tie will be decided by a sudden-death overtime where the first team to score wins.
*THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR(S) RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE ANY DECISIONS REGARDING TOURNAMENT RULES, FORMAT, ETC. FOR THE OVERALL GOOD OF THE EVENT.